The block between Fifth Ave and George St. is affected
A reported natural gas leak was the cause of a lengthy closure in downtown Prince George this evening (Oct. 21).
According to Fire Rescue crews, a gas line was found to be severed due to ongoing construction work at 100-block, 5 Ave. near the street’s parkade and CrossRoads Brewery around 4 p.m.
Seven firefighters from two different halls responded to the call, cordoned off the area and monitored adjacent buildings before FortisBC got to the scene.
No further details have been provided.
People are asked to avoid a block between Fifth Avenue and George Street because of a gas leak caused by a construction accident.
Businesses in the area may be affected as police have sections of the block cornered off and drivers parked in the Fifth Avenue Parkade will have to wait to move their vehicles while emergency crews tend to the scene.
Prince George Fire Rescue and Prince George RCMP are on scene.