Several roads in Blackburn town centre have been closed due to a ‘major gas leak’.
LancsLive reported earlier this afternoon how several homes were evacuated due to a fire involving an electrical cable under a pavement on Richmond Terrace.
The blaze was extinguished by two fire crews from Blackburn and residents in the area were evacuated to allow engineers to investigate.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service now confirms that a gas leak has been discovered in the area. It is now being repaired by Cadent Gas and Electricity North West.
Blackburn with Darwen Council reports several roads in the area have been now closed.
They include parts of Preston New Road, King William Street, Exchange Street, Tackett Street and Northgate.
This is a live breaking news story and will be updated with the latest information.
Follow our blog for the updates.
For the latest news and breaking news visit the LancsLive website.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
To keep updated, follow LancsLive on Facebook and @LiveLancs on Twitter.
Have you got news for us? Contact our newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can sign up for free daily updates with the LancsLive newsletter here.