ATTLEBORO — Attleboro fire crews evacuated residents of a large housing complex on Thursday afternoon after a gas leak was discovered outside the lodgings.
Fire Chief Scott Lachance said emergency crews responded to reports of a gas leak at the Attleboro Housing Authority complex at 80 South Ave. at around 3 p.m. Thursday.
Once there, firefighters found a ruptured pipe leaking gas on the outside of a maintenance garage attached to an apartment building.
The fire department immediately ordered residents to evacuate the complex’s six buildings.
According to Lachance, an initial investigation found that a city landscaping crew was cutting the grass when a lawnmower hit and cracked the gas pipe near a meter.
No injuries were reported and fire crews made sure no gas went into any of the buildings, the chief said.
Eversource shut off the gas to repair the pipe.
Residents were allowed back into their homes after about an hour.
20 Celebrities Who Love the New England Patriots As Much As You
Patriots Nation is strong with or without Tom Brady and these celebrities count themselves among the those who love New England’s football team.
Look Inside Tom Brady’s $6 Million Yacht
When he’s not on the football field or breaking the hearts of his New England fans, Tom Brady can be found heading to the Caribbean on the Wajer 77 with his family. Let’s take a look inside.